Buying or selling a home can be a stressful process, so it’s important that you choose a real estate agent that can seamlessly guide you through it. Choosing an agent whose selling style, personal traits and skill level are compatible with what you are looking for is crucial in ensuring a successful transaction. Read on to learn what you should be expecting and receiving from your real estate agent.
1. Great Negotiation Skills – If you are selling your home, the job of your agent should be to get the most money he or she can for your house. A successful real estate agent can not be afraid of confrontation, as this is often necessary in order to best represent the client. Agents should do what makes the most sense for their clients.
2. Proven Results – You should research your real estate agent before you hire them to buy or sell a home. Check to see how many transactions they do each year, what type of homes they have experience in selling, and whether they are full or part time. These all play a huge role in what kind of results you should expect from your agent.
3. Local Connections – A great real estate agent will have a large network of connections. These can include other agents, real estate attorneys, mortgage consultants and movers. A successful real estate agent will align him or herself with other professionals who can help you with the home buying and selling process.
4. Communication Skills – One of the main reasons clients become dissatisfied with their real estate agents is due to a lack of communication during the home buying/selling process. It’s important that your agent regularly update you with what’s going on in the process. Even if there haven’t been any offers, your real estate agent should be keeping you in the loop and letting you know about the work that they are doing.
5. A Strong Marketing Plan – A great real estate agent will know exactly how to market the type of home you are selling. They should have active social media pages and an up-to-date website where photos of your home are displayed. Successful agents will promote a home with a mixture of older marketing tools, like newspaper ads and television ads, as well as newer tactics, like digital marketing strategies.
Choosing a real estate agent when you are looking to buy or sell a home is a major decision. Make sure you and your agent are compatible by looking for the qualities listed above. Ready to find the perfect real estate agent for you? Make an appointment with one of our agents today!